A marinade can make or break the flavor of your meal!
This marinade uses Zevia lemon lime soda, which is sweetened with stevia, making it all natural and calorie
free. This adds sweetness to the chicken without cane sugar. The intensity of the flavor, when marinated overnight, is amazing. I like to serve this over a big bed of baby arugula and a scoop of cooked quinoa. Here’s what you need for 4 servings:
1 can naturally sweetened, zero calorie
lemon lime soda (Zevia brand)
½ cup soy sauce
¾ cup brown rice vinegar
1 medium yellow onion – half minced and
half thinly sliced
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1
2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
Optional *baby arugula and cooked quinoa
1. Combine the soda, soy sauce, vinegar, minced onion, garlic, ginger and coconut crystals in a bowl. Add
the chicken and turn to coat. Place in refrigerator overnight.
2. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Reserve 1 cup of marinade.
3. Heat one teaspoon of coconut oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and heat on medium high, turning
once, for 8-10 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
4. Wipe out the skillet. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Add the sliced onion and asparagus.
Cook for 5 minutes, until browned. Add the reserved marinade and boil until slightly reduced. Add the cilantro.
5. Serve over a bed of baby arugula and cooked quinoa.
: Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 289 calories, 13g fat, 963mg sodium, 4.8g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 29g protein